Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!





res·o·lu·tion 
1. The state or quality of being resolute; firm determination.
New Year's Eve - the last day of 2103.  Tomorrow is a New Year & many folks are filled with resolutions.
I hear alot of statements like:
"I don't like my body - I'm going to lose weight next year"
"I hate my job - next year I'm finding a new job"
"This was an awful year - next year is going to be better"
I like the Law of Attraction & I try to use it as much as I can.  It's simple...what you focus your energy & attention on, you attract more of that.  Resolutions often focus on what we don't like about our life, our body, our job, our relationships.  But the thing is, there's got to be something good in what you don't like.  Some glimmer of hope.  And that's what you want to focus on.  And then focus on bringing more of that into your life in the New Year.

Maybe you don't like your body.  Maybe you want to lose weight & be stronger & healthier.  And maybe there are alot of things medically/physically wrong with your body.  But if you're reading this, you're alive.  You woke up this morning.  You're breathing.  And you can resolve to focus on that.  And to focus on each thing you do each day that brings you closer to being healthier & stronger.  You may have set backs, you may slip.  But instead of focusing on that slip-up, focus on what you have done & are doing that is good for you.

When you formulate your resolution, let your resolve be in your thinking & your energy.  Use the Law of Attraction. 

"I love my body.  I appreciate what my body does for me every day.  I move through my day taking care of my body.  Every day I am getting healthier & stronger."
And what I've learned from yoga?  You don't have to wait for a New Year to make a resolution or reset your thinking or your life.  Every breath is an opportunity to reset.  Be present.  Feel what you have, feels what works for you & resolve to focus on that as you move forward.



No comments:

Post a Comment