Monday, February 16, 2015

Winter Wonderland?








Yesterday morning I attempted to post the above photo & video to FB.  My plan was to join my fellow New Englanders in complaining about the cold, snowy winter.  I couldn't do it - it wouldn't post.  FB didn't stop me & it wasn't for lack of trying.  It was most likely, as we say in my house, operator error:)

I took it as sign.  Stop complaining.  It's New England & it's winter - what'd you expect?

I've definitely been complaining about the weather.  We returned home from Florida just over a week ago - that's been a really challenging adjustment!  Snowpants, hat, gloves vs. shorts & a t-shirt.  What do you think?

But, here we are....again!  I wrote a blog last winter about why it's great to live in New England in the winter.  For many of the same reasons I'm writing this blog.  To create a shift.  Now, I can't say I've totally managed to embrace the weather & do a total turnaround, but I sure am trying. 

It was cold outside today.  But it was bright & sparkly & sunny outside too. Our son, like so many kids his age, loves the snow!  We have a warm, toasty home to come inside to after being outdoors.  This morning, I saw cardinals in a bush behind our house - the contrast of the red bird in the white snow was beautiful.  Everywhere we go, things look different & it's interesting to reflect on that.

Alot of beauty, alot to be grateful for.

I'm not saying it's easy.  But it's a practice.  And just like my yoga practice on my mat, when I focus on what's going right & what I have to be grateful for, life is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment