Friday, June 10, 2011

Pennies Make Dollars

I see pennies everywhere I go. Mostly on the ground, in the parking lot, on the sidewalk, at the carwash.  And I'll always stop to pick one up.  Even the icky, dirty ones. 
My mother always said "pennies make dollars".  And she was right. When I added up all the pennies in our coin jar, where we deposit our spare change, we had collected over 1000 pennies - that's more than $10! 
When I see a penny a on the ground, waiting there for me, I see it as a sign of abundance.  A gift from the Universe.  I know it's not the winning mega millions ticket, but it's nice surprise & it never fails to make me smile.  It's even better if I'm with someone & I can give the penny to that person (you know, "find a penny pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck. Give that penny to a friend & your luck will never end).
Abundance is all around us & within each of us.  The leaves on trees, the flowers in bloom.  The food you eat, the bed you sleep in.  The people in your life.  The strength, joy, humor, compassion & creativity within you. 
Abundance can be easy to overlook, just like it's easy to overlook those pennies. 
Take a moment & take inventory - of all that you do have to be grateful for.  Like attracts like.  A feeling a gratitude for the abundance in your life attracts more abundance.
Just like pennies make dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment