Saturday, July 16, 2011

End of the world???

A while back, there was alot of talk about how the world was going to end.  Maybe you saw the story...some man, somewhere, predicted it.  But his math was off & he was wrong...again.  Apparently he had made the same prediction back in 2004.

I actually didn't know anything about it until I heard it from someone else.  I don't read the paper or watch the news - I haven't for years.  Too much gloom & doom.  It's not that I'm not aware of what's going on the world, or don't want to know what's going on.  Its just that it's portrayed with so much drama.  So much negativity.  The facts are one thing, but the constant replaying & dramtization is more than I need.  Somehow its shifted from being news to watching the Maury Povich show or Judge Judy (no offense to either of these).

That's exactly what happened with the end of the world prediction.  It was all over the news for days. Do we really need to give so much energy to the negative that's out there?  Its the law of attraction - like attracts like.  We talk about, dramatize & give free publicity to negative news...and no surprise, we see more & more of it.

I was reluctant to even talk about it here.  My intention is to draw attention toward better things.

How about some publicity for the good that's going on out there?  For people everywhere who are stepping up & helping out to try & improve our world?  That's what I want to hear about.  And that's what I want to talk about.  And maybe that will inspire more people to do more positive things - to make a positive shift.

At my yoga studio (http://www.sanctuarypoweryoga.com/index.htm) & others around the world, this shift is happening.  Sometimes it seems very small & very quiet.  But more & more people are stepping up.  You can do it too.  Step into the studio, find your center & then leave & spread your light.  Talk about the good things going on around you.  Do something nice for someone.  Create shift within & around you & be a part of creating a better world.

No comments:

Post a Comment