Friday, July 29, 2011

Impeccable Speech

I recently read over The 4 Agreements.  What I enjoyed most, were the parts that talked about shifting perception of the way the world works & the way the agreements can help with that.

The first agreement, be impeccable with your words, resonated most with me.

This is something that I have been practicing for some time.  And it is, well, a practice for me.

I'm working on pausing before I speak.  Not that I need to think about what I want to say.  Just that I need to pause.  I want to be active in what I communicate, not reactive.  I want my words to be clean & honest & have meaning for me & the person I am talking to.  I want to be connected when I speak.

As a yoga teacher, impeccable speech is critical.  Students don't need to hear alot of words from a teacher.  In fact, they often don't hear alot of what is said because they are so immersed in the practice.  Students don't need words to just to fill space & time.  A teacher's words should move students - physically, energetically & emotionally.  They should land gracefully & lightly, so as to empower & even inspire students.

When I teach at my studio (http://www.sanctuarypoweryoga.com/index.htm), it is a full-on, in-body on experience for me.  I am completely present for every moment.  I'm not thinking - I'm in alignment & I'm delivering what I receive from Source & the Universe.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, the best way to describe it, is that it's the exact opposite of an out-of-body experience.

And this is what I am striving for in my interactions with others on a day to day basis.  To clear out all that extra "stuff" that's floating around & be completely engaged & present as much as possible.  To make every word count.  To make every moment count.

It's the act, or really the practice, of taking my yoga off the mat & out of the studio & using it where it matters most...In my every day life.

No comments:

Post a Comment