Monday, September 19, 2011

YES!!

Every where you go, it seems you see signs that tell you what you can't do:

"no parking"

"no left turn"

"no loitering"

"no shirt, no shoes, no service"

One of my friends owns a toy store (Toy Jam - check it out!) and she commented about this. She said she tries to avoid these kinds of signs in her store because of the negative energy that she feels goes along with them.  She's absolutely right.

It doesn't end there.  Undoubtedly, at some point in your life you've been told what you can't do:

" no, you can't - you're too short/tall"

"no, you can't - you're not smart enough"

Enough of that, right!!

One of the things that I love about yoga is that it's all about "YES".

"YES - you CAN"

Yoga teaches that you can do it - whatever "it" is.

Whatever your age, size, shape - you can practice yoga.  It is accessible to every-body.

It is a practice of saying "yes" to yourself.

Whether it's "yes, it's ok for me to rest now" or "yes - I can try a handstand today & I don't care how I look".

Once learn to say yes, the possibilities are endless...on & off your mat!

No comments:

Post a Comment